CloudShape employees are passionate about technology, applying their skills to help our government customers address cloud-based challenges and enhance their mission outcomes.If you are a highly skilled IT professional and want to work for a dynamic, growing company that is committed to engineering excellence, innovation and solution development, we want to speak with you.
CloudShape is committed to employee growth through learning, training, advancement, and rewards. We offer a full range of benefits that includes:
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K and Profit Sharing
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Training Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
Senior Cloud Engineer
CloudShape provides IT engineering, IT support, and Project Management to the Federal Government. This position allows for a flexible work environment but will require in-person meetings when requested at the client’s headquarters in southwest DC or at CloudShape’s headquarters in New Carrollton MD.
This position is for an experienced señor cloud engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, deploying, and maintaining our cloud-based infrastructure based on Amazon Web Services and, occasionally, other technologies. You will collaborate with other teams to ensure that our cloud environment meets all requirements.
Location: Washington DC | Position Type: Full Time | Clearance Level: Secret Eligible
- 8-12 years’ IT experience in an enterprise environment
- 3-5 years’ experience with cloud platform Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems, web and application servers
- Strong knowledge of cloud networking and security
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python or Ruby
- Designing and implementing secure network solutions that meet business requirements
- Uses Terraform to automate the creation of AWS components within complex cloud environments including VPCs, Security Groups, NACLs, EC2 instances, Route tables, and Transit Gateways
- Deploying applications in AWS using EC2 instances and Elastic Beanstalk
- Maintaining, testing and implementing disaster recovery procedures.
- Implementing automation using scripting languages (e.g., Python, Perl) to manage AWS services.
- Building tools for deployment, monitoring, and troubleshooting of system resources in an AWS environment
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience presenting technical data to senior leaders
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional
Send resume to hiring manager: email@example.com